Kyle Bacon is a lover of design & code.
He also loves helping people on the web and breathing life into the digital world. He's currently working at TeamSnap.
- Frontend Development (React, CSS, JS)
- Website/Web app creation
- User Experience
- UI Design
- Interactive Design
- Print (yes, I still love this, too)
Has worked with…
- TeamSnap (current)
- Pryon AI
- United Food and Commercial Workers Union
- Capsci Health
- Health Republic Insurance
Featured workCheck it all out
More about Bacon
When Bacon isn’t workin’, he’s still slingin’ code in his free time or trimming prints at Portland State—soon to be his Alma Mater—with his handy X-Acto knife. He loves designing for every medium but especially loves long walks on the beach (true story!) and sunsets in the jungle of the digital world (If you could ever see it through those dang trees?!). Bacon has skills across the board, from illustration to marketing to coding websites and web apps. He has a knack for learning as he goes. He previously worked at Health Republic Insurance as the lonesome wolf marketing/sales graphic designer. He’s also been freelancing for quite some time, including at TeamSnap before making the full-time leap.
Bacon is originally from Yakima, WA, and now resides in the Portland area, experiencing everything that it has to offer, including, of course, coffee and a good microbrew with his homies. He likes to run and also nerd out over a good video game, film or TV show. If he had a superpower, it would be being able to watch every single "Star Wars" movie and not skip 1–3 (You know which ones…you know…with whiny Anakin.).
- Researchin’A design is arbitrary and can become useless if proper research isn’t carried out. Everything I do starts with research to develop a basis for my rationale: mood boards, user stories/walkthroughs, business comparisons and profiles, and the like. This is always step one of my process.
- Conceptin’After mood boards and research findings have been reviewed, discussed, and approved. It’s time to move onto the concept. This is where the juices get flowin’ and the solutions ferment. Never settle for the first idea: keep exploring and iterating.
- Creatin’Pencil to pixel. Physical to digital. Whatever the final execution is, this is where I manipulate and design it. I explore with tools, processes, and designs until I find the best solutions. Design, code, illustration, strategy, etc.: all happen in this stage.
- Launchin’The pixels have been pushed, the code slung, and everything is polished, approved, and lookin’ delicious. It’s time to get the work out into the world and I will be with you every step of the way. For example, the project could include helping with print vendors or pushing your site and content onto a server.